Sometimes it feels like there just aren’t enough hours in the day... and yup, I feel ya!
We wake up with a million and one things to do and it feels like mission impossible trying to incorporate healthy habits into our hectic schedules. However, remember that no matter how frustrating it may seem, there are numerous ways to add healthy habits into our lifestyles. These habits will help boost energy levels, reduce stress, and help you get through life’s daily challenges.
These are 5 easy ways to get your body in healthy gear mode.
1. Take the stairs or ride a bike: instead of the elevator, take the stairs and if your commute is close enough, ride a bike! That way you get in a workout without actually “working out”, not to mention, you get to shape those gorgeous legs, plus its great for your heart!
2. Swap soft drinks for water: when lunch time comes, sometimes we think we need “sugar” to wake us up, but the truth is, you might just be dehydrated. Water is always the better choice. It has zero calories and it helps to flush out toxins in our body It’s a win-win. Drink up! 😉
3. Practice meditation: Take 10 to 15 minutes out of your day, preferably in the morning. Free your mind and/or envision your goals. This will help keep you focused and possibly relieve some stress.
4. Get enough sleep: Getting enough sleep is extremely vital to your health and performance during the day. This is when our body takes the time to heal and regenerate fresh healthy cells. Nothing like waking up refreshed, ready to tackle on your day.
5. Be mindful of the type of foods you eat: No need to deprive yourself of your favorite meals, however, adding more raw foods like vegetables to your plate will nourish your body and give your mind the satisfaction of worrying less about calorie counting. A nutrition complete with protein, healthy fats & good carbs for energy are all you need.
Remember small changes over time, add up to big results.
Dreyah, for Every Fit Girl